Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Beautiful Sight to Behold

Last weekend, I saw a sight
that tugged at my heart
even more so than the sight of a
sailboat's bow tipped at
an
interesting angle against the horizon:



That's the sight I saw when my niece Brooke decided that she wanted to come see Aunt Christy. She isn't quite crawling on her hands and knees yet, so she sort of 'commando crawled' on her forearms and tummy. It's not an extremely efficient way to move across a room, but Brooke must have thought it was worth that level of effort in order to come see me! When she got to me, she kept crawling and climbing until she had made her way up onto my lap, and we sat together and smiled at each other and had all kinds of Aunt-Christy-and-Baby-Brookey type fun. ("Sheep-cow!")

I love her so much that it takes my breath away!

Here, from a different angle, is another photo of our precious Baby Brookey, my beloved little niece. God bless you, sweetheart.

No comments: