Sunday, June 22, 2008

2008 Boat Projects

I'm a tinker-er - like my Bro - and a list-maker, so how could I start the sailing season without a super-aggressive list of boat projects? As usual, most of these projects require skills that I do not have (electrical wiring, using scary epoxy, etc), but I've never let that stop me in the past. My personal DIY-related motto is... 'When in doubt, worry about it... procrastinate for weeks... google the heck out of it... and then just wing it.'

Here, in no particular order, is my list of 2008 Boat Projects. I'll create a section for this along the right side of the page, just below my all-important '2008 Sailing Goal' section, and I'll strike through each project as I complete it. I'll be sure to tell you all about the adventure associated with completing each project, too.

  1. Swim ladder treads

  2. 150 Genoa and associated hardware

  3. Velcro-ed bug screen for forward hatch

  4. Racing Snapit (not really a "project," but hey, I needed something cheap/easy amongst all these monster projects!)
  5. New stereo with CD player and iPod input jack

  6. Tiller tamer

  7. Boomkicker

  8. Depth Finder and/or Knot Meter

  9. Hinged oscillating fan

  10. Refinish the teak

  11. Winch handle holder

  12. Shelf for cockpit speaker hatch-board

  13. New dog-friendly companionway step

  14. Fix hatch leaks with weather-stripping

  15. Lead main halyard & reefing line to the cockpit

  16. Masthead anchor light

  17. Mast-front steaming light

Good grief! I must be insane. The only way that I'll get all this done is if there are plenty of no-wind days... and who wants that?

No comments: