Thursday, May 07, 2009

and the winner is...

Now that I've let the anticipation build for, what, several months now?... I'm here to announce the winners of the guessing game:

Best Guess from a Budding Entrepreneur
"I'm guessing A [a new hose for my overworked basement dehumidifier], but I love the idea of B [Colonics! The Home Game] and think it will sell in great quantities in certain parts of California." -- Greg Andkris
Best Guess by a Family Member
"It is a urinary catheter for a very small man so he can sail, drink and pee all day without leaving the tiller." -- "your baby brother"

My Personal Favorite and Overall Winner
"One end connects to your pocketbook and the other to your boat so that money can be siphoned directly into your a) passion b) obsession (select appropriate choice). Very efficient." -- John

This apparatus is actually a fancy new suck-free siphon for removing the water from my bilge without risking the ingestion of yucky, germ-filled, maybe even brain-eating amoeba-filled bilge water. Mike and Richard guessed correctly!

To recognize John for this honor, I'd like to write an article about him. John, are you the very kind sailor who offered me a moonlight sail on SF Bay and the opportunity to kiss the boy of my choice while sailing underneath the Golden Gate Bridge?! (Note: This has little, if anything, to do with the fact that John won the contest.) If so, John, I have your e-mail address and will get in touch to conduct an interview with you. Let me know, 'kay? Congrats to the winners and thanks to all who participated!

No comments: